Pam Rosow: M.S., R.D., CDN: has been a registered dietitian and sports nutritionist for over 25 years. She has worked in healthcare as a clinical dietitian, chief clinical dietitian and wellness educator. Pam is the conditioning coach for Avon Crew and is the sports nutritionist for Elite Sports Medicine affiliated with Connecticut Children's Medical Center. She is the sports nutritionist for Central Connecticut State University and the University of Hartford Men's Basketball team. She has also consulted with the Trinity, Wesleyan and the New Canaan rowing programs.
Private nutritional counseling is available providing a thorough nutritional assessment and evaluation according to each athlete's individual needs and the demands of their respective sport.
Group classes are available on request and are designed to address the various nutritional needs the group would find beneficial.
The following are topics covered in individual and group sessions:
- How regular eating maintains a healthy body and metabolism
- The detriment to yo-yo dieting
- Importance of hydration
- Fueling to build muscle and glycogen stores
- Timing and planning of meals and snacks for high performance
- Evaluating athletic supplements, sports foods and sport beverages
- Understanding how the mind and body functions for weight management
- Tips for healthy food shopping
- Special diet recommendations for athletes: high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
- Vegetarian guidelines
- Cooking ideas for busy athletes
Private nutritional consultation: The initial session is approximately 90 minutes reviewing past nutrition practices, understanding future goals and designing a plan that can achieve a healthy nutrition lifestyle.
Follow up consults: These sessions are 30 minutes in duration, reviewing the food plan and assuring the maintenance of nutrition adequacy and desired nutritional goals. Providing the encouragement and knowledge to know what to eat and when to attain optimal health and athletic performance.